Montour # 8
Bob Ciminel's Montour No. 8 Report
Montour No. 8 Mine was serviced by the Montour Railroad, but not actually located “along the Montour” main track or branches.
On June 22, 1916, the Lewis Run Railway Company was organized to build two miles of track from the Pittsburgh & West Virginia Railway’s Thompson Run Branch at Mifflin Yard southward to the Montour No. 8 Mine in Pleasant Hills along today’s Route 51. The Lewis Run Railway Company was merged into the Montour Railroad on June 17, 1917 and became the MontourRailroad Lewis Run Branch. The tracks to Montour No. 8 Mine were completed in 1918. - Bob Ciminel